I am a new user of WRFEMS (especially for sailing purposes, so I am basically interested in UGRD:VGRD @10m) and I already start to have problems.
I have been able to configure, prep, run and post a 24h simulation. Now I am familiar with the configuration files. Problem is the following:
- I run a ARW simulation on a lat-lon grid
- I process the output data and produce grib1 and grib2 datasets
- I process grib2 datasets in order or extract only UGRD:VGRD at 10m above sea level
- I convert grib2 to grib1
- When I try to open the .grb file with Panoply, or XYGrib or some Weather routing program I get error. The most detailed error message I have been able to observe is (Unsupported GDS type = 203) from Panoply.
- On the other hand I am perfectly capable of opening the files with MATLAB and display the data correctly.
So the problem should be that the GRIB1 file that I am producing is not entirely compatible with the viewer.
Any suggestion on how to configure ems_post to produce a GRIB1 file that can be visualized using, i.e. XYGRIB ?
Any help will be apprecited.
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.